Super fast, simple and healthy breakfast. Takes less than 5 minutes.
Spice, and veg it up as you wish! This is one of my favourite breakfast meals.
Aug. 2, 2020 by Deborah Esplin
What You Need To Make Egg On Toast
Eggs, Toasted Bread, Mustard or Other Spread, Leafy Greens, Herbs (I used basil, oregano, parsley, and chives), Seasoning (I used salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder), Hot Sauce, Oil
Steps To Make Egg On Toast
- Toast the bread
- Cook the egg in a pan with the oil (I like to cook both sides so my eggs are not runny)
- Put your spread on the toasted bread
- Put the washed leafy greens on the toasted bread (I like spinach, lettuce and kale)
- Put the cooked egg on the toast.
- Add the herbs, seasoning, and hot sauce
This shows how to make it for one person, but you can make this for a few or many. Just increase the toast and depending on your pan size, you could cook several eggs at the same time, in the same pan.
Best eaten while hot! Enjoy
Let me know in the comments if you liked this version. You can make your own version; less or more spicy.
Check out these other recipe ideas: Recipes from The Daily Basil Blog.
Check out posts on other topics here: Blog Table of Contents.
Join my monthly newsletter to get new posts in your mailbox and access to the recipe cards and tip sheets.
Comments are welcome. I would love to know what you think.