Here is an easy sauté cabbage recipe that is fast to make and delicious to eat.
Cabbage is one of the most healthy vegetables that you can eat. With this dish, the cabbage is delicious. You can use red or green cabbage or both, as you wish.
It is fast and easy to make and leftovers can be stored in the fridge for your next meal.
Check out this video for how to make Easy, Sauté cabbage or go to the written instructions below.
This recipe is very healthy. With cabbage, celery, and carrots, this recipe is made with some of the most nutritious vegetables that exist. For more information about the health benefits of each vegetable, check out the information below.
This recipe has vegetarian, and vegan versions.
This recipe is gluten-free.
April 20, 2021, by Deborah Esplin
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Please see my Affiliate Disclosure in the legal page link in the footer for further information. If not otherwise stated, all prices are intended in Canadian$.
Equipment To Make Easy Sauté Cabbage
Glass mixing bowls, set of three with lids
- Glass mixing bowls are great for making a salad because it makes a beautiful serving dish for the table, then you can store the salad in the same bowl.
- You need a good, sharp knife to cut all these vegetables and not tire your arm or risk injury. Invest in a good knife and it will serve you for years.
- A good cutting board is also essential. I like bamboo because they are soft on the knives, are light, and are easy to wash.
- A heavy-duty, thick sauté pan means you have even heating without hot spots which is very important for frying and sautéing.
Home Kitchen Heavy-Duty Sauté Pan, set of 2
- Professional equipment is expensive. This set is still very good, but more affordable.
Investing in your kitchen tools is worth it as they pay you back with the ease of use and long life. For more kitchen tools, check out my Kitchen Tool Kits.
Recipe for Easy Sauté Cabbage
Here is the recipe for Easy Sauté Cabbage in a format that you can download, save and print. The ingredients and steps are listed below.
Download a copy of the recipe here to save, and print: Recipe For Easy Sauté Cabbage
- 1/4 Green Cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/8 Red Cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 Celery stick, finely diced
- 1/4 onion, finely diced, if desired
- 7 mL (1/2 tsp.) Salt
- 1/4 onion, thinly diced, if desired
- 15—30 mL (1 – 2 tbsp) Maple Syrup
- 15—30 mL (1—2 tbsp.) Apple Cider Vinegar
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) White Wine
- 1 tsp. Salt & Pepper
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) Olive oil, Sunflower Oil or Butter
My favourite sauce recipe:
- 15 – 30 mL (1 tbsp) Maple Syrup
- 30 -45 mL ( 2 tbsp.) Apple Cider Vinegar
Don’t forget the special ingredient. Love.
Vegetarian version: use any of the oils or butter, as you wish.
Vegan version: use the oils and not the butter.
- Rinse and chop the vegetables.
- You can let the cabbage sit in a bowl for 15 minutes with the salt if you want to soften it slightly. This is not necessary and I don’t normally do it as I like my cabbage crispy.
- Warm the oil or butter in the pan, then saute the onion for 1 minute, if you add it. Then add the cabbage and stir fry for two minutes. Then add the celery. Saute for another 10 to 13 minutes, depending on how soft you want the cabbage. Stir every minute or two during the cooking.
- Mix the liquid sauce ingredients together and add to the cabbage at the end of the cooking. Add the salt and pepper.
- You can add pumpkin and sesame seeds if desired. Enjoy!
Note: This recipe can be made smaller or bigger by adjusting the number of vegetables.
If you want to learn more about the health benefits of cabbage, then check out my newsletter here…
Do you like to learn about food? Join my newsletter. Join my newsletter so that you learn new things about food. Each issue has a special article on some aspect or type of food. The information, I share in my newsletter is not found in my blog or YouTube videos.
Learn about the advantages of using a food thermometer when you cook, and what are the recommended temperatures to reach. Download it here.
Do you like this recipe? Let me know in the comments below.
Tag me on Instagram with a photo, when you make this drink. @debbieesplinfood.
Find me on Pinterest and check out my pins.
Check out my Facebook page with lots of information on food and healthy living.
Check out my YouTube channel for more recipe videos.
This sauté cabbage recipe will go really well with my recipe for a Gluten-Free Batter Fried Fish. Here is the video recipe.
If you are looking for healthy, easy, and delicious breakfast recipes, check out my Protein Smoothie video.
Check out other recipes from The Daily Basil Blog.