Iced Tea is so easy to make and so cooling on a hot summer day. Why buy it when it is fast, easy to make and better, in my opinion.
Aug. 3, 2020 by Deborah Esplin
What You Need To Make Iced Tea
- 6 black tea bags
- Boiling water for the tea
- Room temperature water (total 3 litres of water)
- 125 ml, 1/2 cup, sugar
- 65 ml, 1/4 cup, lemon juice
Steps To Make Iced Tea
- Boil water and put tea bags and water in a teapot.
- Steep for 4 to 5 minutes. Longer and your tea will get bitter.
- Pour into a 3 litre container with sugar.
- Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Fill the container with room temperature water.
- Let cool at room.
- Cool in the fridge.
Tip: You do not want to put ice into iced tea or put the tea into the fridge when it is hot. This will make the tea cloudy.
Drink and enjoy. I have a pitcher of this in my fridge all summer long. It is the best drink.
Check out the other refreshing summer recipes:
Check out the video on how to make Iced Tea:
Check out these other recipes: Recipes from The Daily Basil Blog.
Check out posts on other topics here: Blog Table of Contents.
Join my monthly newsletter to get new posts in your mailbox and access to the recipe cards and tip sheets.
Comments are welcome. I would love to know what you think.